9 responses

1. Frank Martens
    June 29, 2012

Ok cool… but! If I shut down the KVM domain sles11 and restart it, will the port forward remain?

• Adam
      June 29, 2012

Good question! I suspect not, but you’d have to try it.

2. Frank Martens
    July 3, 2012

Now here’s a problem… I’m not using “user-mode networking”… however it doesn’t seem to be forwarding the port automatically… i tried telneting to the port.

Any idea on how the setup works with NAT on the host? I have a virbr0 adapter with address 192.168.122.1… however the KVM client picks up 192.168.122.20.

Which address is the real address?

3. kvmuser
    September 10, 2013

Tried this solution, but it works only with some ports. It seems as if there is a problem with standard ports:
    virsh qemu-monitor-command –hmp sles11 ‘hostfwd_add ::80-:80’

This is not working. Forwarding 8080 to 80 is working, but this is not what I want. Port 80 is not in use on the host, no iptables rules are blocking, … Any idea why this is not possible?

4. kilmarnock
    May 5, 2014

I prefer the solution of steve.
    It is clean, single-point-of-messing-with-networking style.
    Felix

5. Girish
    June 2, 2015

Hello,

I am facing same issue, i am loading windriver as guest OS on ubuntu host using KVM+Qemu.
    following command i am using to redirect tcp port :
    -redir tcp:2222::22

But still getting error while i am trying to connect from host.
    following command i am using to connect from host:
    >$ ssh -p 2222 root@localhost -v

it is failing with this error:

ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

can you please guide me where i am doing mistake ?

Thanks

6. UAE Data Recovery
    April 24, 2018

I am having a problem configuring host to guest port redirection on a running VM. can you give me some help?